follow by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jennifer Aniston?

I've been reading the Bible with the group from Crosspoint Church that is going through it in a year. Man! I am loving it! We are in Matthew right now - and I gotta say - it is making me LOVE JESUS! Reading about Him and His work on earth. The things He dealt with and yet remained sinless. Who can ask for a better role model!? One thing that stands out to me is where He talks about people who are busy doing the work of the Lord; casting out demons, healing the sick...all in Jesus' name. BUT...He says that when it comes down to it - they are not bearing fruit. They claim to know the Lord...and even get wrapped up in His work....yet, Jesus says - "I know them not"".

It's scary to me to think of all the churches in the world who are FULL of people who think they know the Lord. People who just fill the seats once in a while on Sundays - and think that's all its about! There is so much more! It's so easy - yet so complex.

Let's look at it this way: I know ALL about Jennifer Aniston. I know her acting roles, I can name a ton of her movies. I know who she dated and currently dates, I know her and Brad are talking again because he is unhappy with Angelina....I can tell you her hair color and some things about her personality, I know she and Brad struggled with having children. I watch her at LEAST once a week on "Friends" reruns....IF not more. I can even quote for MEMORY some of the lines from her shows! I LOVE Jennifer Aniston! I think she's one of the greatest actresses of all time.
BUT....ask Jennifer Aniston is she knows Rachel Sawhook....and she'd say..."Rachel WHO?".

This may be a silly example - but stay with me for a minute. I know ALL ABOUT Jennifer Aniston - yet I do not KNOW her. Follow me?

We can know EVERYTHING there is to know about Christ. His life - His death - His resurrection. We can even QUOTE some of the verses from the book He wrote (inspired). We can talk all day to whomever about Him. We can even TEACH and volunteer in His name. But friend, unless there is FRUIT...unless there is EVIDENCE in your life....unless you have a RELATIONSHIP with Him....the Bible says that He will tell His father in heaven "I knew you not". Jesus also says that "If you deny me to man....I will deny YOU to my father". Are you living for Jesus? Are you telling your friends and neighbors that you are a Christ follower? Or are we simply going through the motions? I'm talking to ALL of us...including myself!

I beg of you - if you are not sure and not in love with Jesus - to ask someone to share more about it! What a WONDERFUL and FREE gift it is to KNOW Jesus and for Him to KNOW YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing - what a great example! I'm glad I have another place to keep track of you - I was wondering what happened at your blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete